SECTION 1 – DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files with relevant information that a browser processes when a website is visited by a user. Using cookies helps the website to recognise the device (tablet, desktop, mobile, etc.) of the user whenever visiting us. Cookies retain only information related to the preferences of users, not revealing personal information. In order for the browsing experience to be optimised as much as possible, we recommend that the cookies aren’t opted out, since they increase the response speed when browsing.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are several types of cookies with different characteristics and functions. They are:
- Essential cookies: these are very important to access specific areas of the website, allowing a correct browsing;
- Functionality cookies: these allow user preferences to be stored when visiting the website. This way, it is not necessary to customise the site when visiting it later.
- Analytical Cookies: these allow to analyse how users use the website, to know the most popular pages and to monitor its performance, thereby allowing to understand possible error messages. Personal information will never be revealed.
- Advertising Cookies: these direct advertising based on the interests and behaviour of the user on the website, in order to only display advertising and content according to the taste and preferences of the user.
SECTION 3 – PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
WHY DO WE NEED THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
3.1 CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT:
Data processing is necessary, inter alia, for the provision of services to be concluded between the customer and Miclair.
3.2 MARKETING ACTIONS:
Miclair may process data to send information via email and telephone about services and contents. This processing of data will only be made with the corresponding consent, given upon the subscription of newsletter or subscription of marketing emails, using the form on the Miclair website, the blog and other communications of the agency. The data can still be used for purposes of conducting marketing campaigns through social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram and Google. The consent for the processing of personal data for purposes of direct marketing may be revoked at any time.
3.3. DEFINING THE TARGET:
Miclair defines customer profiles based on information related to their behaviour on the website. This information is analysed in order to identify their consumption profile. This analysis allows Miclair to improve its offer, plan and manage its communication and also to send customised and suitable information to a specific profile.
SECTION 4 – PERSONAL DATA LOCATION AND STORAGE PERIOD
Miclair stores customer and user data on its servers located in the European Union. All these servers follow high security standards in order to protect the data and comply with all applicable privacy standards. The period during which the data is stored and kept varies according to the purpose for which the information is used. However, there are legal requirements that require data to be kept for a certain period. Thus, and whenever there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and kept for the period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or provided or for the period authorised by the Portuguese Data Protection Authority.
SECTION 5 – RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT?
At any given moment, the data subject may request us:
-The access to information we that we have about him or her;
- The rectification of information, in case it is incorrect or incomplete;
- The elimination or limitation of the processing of personal data concerning the data subject;
- If the processing depends on the consent or agreement of the data subject and it is processed by automated means, the data subject shall have the right to receive the previously provided personal data, in a structured, commonly used and computer-readable format;
- The data subject has the right to submit a complaint to the Portuguese Data Protection Authority.
SECTION 6 - DATA PORTABILITY
Article 20 of the GDPR also establishes a new right to data portability, which is closely related to the right of access. The purpose of this new right is to empower the data subject by giving him or her more control over personal data concerning him or her.
The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
WHAT IS THE PERIOD IMPOSED TO RESPOND TO A PORTABILITY REQUEST?
Article 12 (3) requires the controller to provide «information to the data subject on actions taken […] without undue delay and within one month of receipt of the request». This period of month may be extended up to a maximum of three months for complex cases, provided the data subject has been informed about the reasons for the extension, within one month from the date of the initial request.
HOW SHOULD THE PORTABLE DATA BE PROVIDED?
Under article 20 (1) of the GDPR, data subject shall have the right to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided. Article 20 (2), imposes controllers to transmit portable data directly to other controllers «where technically feasible».
SECTION 7 – FINAL REMARKS
Further information can be obtained from the supervisory authorities, such as the Portuguese Commission for Data Authority (CNPD) in Portugal and its publications.
You may access your personal data, obtain their copy and/or request its updating or elimination, in accordance to the law, by contacting us at the address Rua das Devesas, lote 3 nº 76, 4595-069 Seroa, Paços de Ferreira, via email to email@example.com or through your personal account. For any question regarding this commitment, please feel free to contact us.
Date of publication of this legal notice: 24th of July 2018.